Friday, August 21, 2009

Daffy's

I swear... I'm going to get into John K's Cartoon College if it means I never leave the house again!! Upon hearing the news I immediately read his postings and started making drawings of Daffy from Duck Amuck. It was pretty late at night so it was the only one i got done.

I have a Tex Avery Donald who snuck (Duck A'snuck! GET IT?!) into the bottom-right. He knows he's not supposed to be in there.



Alright, building up from shapes was pretty easy and I got a little over confident with the picture below. Daffy's head is WAY too low, and it ruins the silhouette, I really need to double if not triple check all the proportions before I venture too far into the drawing.
This is the last Daffy I drew, I can't remember who did this one I know it's not Jones, I don't think it's Avery, so I'm guessing Clampett?? Either way, I made a little boo-boo with the location of the arms, had to move them down, luckily I drew them lightly and noticed before I got too far in unlike the previous Daffy.
After doing these i realized that I really like Chuck Jones overall look as opposed to the others, I think it's because his lines are a little harsher and more angular as opposed to a more organic look that Avery and Clampett.

No comments:

Post a Comment